[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Ver Tema - Renting a motorbike in Tenerife island

Renting a motorbike in Tenerife island

Doy las bienvenidas a todos miembros!

Tampoco hace falter ser ciclista para participar, pero la mayoría de temas son de bicis...

Moderadores: Synchronicity, TinS84, BikerXC

Renting a motorbike in Tenerife island

Notapor Maria » Dom Sep 04, 2011 9:44 am

Hello
I just came back from my holidays in Tenerife. This is the second time I visit the island because I truly love the scenery,food and people here.
Unfortunately this time we had a motorbike accident because the bike rented was not in good conditions. When we were riding on a mountain road the brakes got broken so we fell on the road. I had broken my collarbone and several injuries but i still feel lucky to be alive. We found out also we had the wrong insure papers on the bike.
The place we rented the bike in Puerto de la Cruz is "Mundo motos" in Vegas' hotel. If you still want to rent in this place be wary and careful with papers and revisions.
I have to say that i will visit tenerife again in the future!
Maria

Notapor Synchronicity » Dom Sep 04, 2011 5:26 pm

That's terrible! Being an avid motorcyclist now since 2003, I do feel for you.

Yes I think their motorscooters in particular have seen better days.

What I would like to know: how exactly did the brakes fail? Was it ruptured brake lines, calipers, pads, master cylinder... ? Any photos to share?

If I'm still around in Tenerife in a few years I might just get into motorbike rentals myself, but I think I've seen too many accidents on bicycles. I'd hate to rent out a motorbike and then see someone crash.

Luckily I've not fallen off yet.

I noticed the rear brake on my bike was prone to overheating soon after I got it. Pressed on the lever and it totally freaked me out when absolutely nothing happened. It felt like the lever went all the way to the floor. That alone could have caused me an accident, because it felt like the brake lever was capabable of scraping the road surface.

Anyway, I have since upgraded to new braided rear line by Hel performance + new pads + new DOT4 fluid obviously. Removed the pistons & soaked the caliper. The old brake fluid that came out was like brown paste (you know it starts off clear and absorbs water with time, changing colour). :dead:
Synchronicity
Doc Brown - Site Admin
Doc Brown - Site Admin

Volver a Foro de ciclismo en Tenerife y Islas Canarias