[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Ver Tema - Post Your Ride Reports!

Post Your Ride Reports!

Doy las bienvenidas a todos miembros!

Tampoco hace falter ser ciclista para participar, pero la mayoría de temas son de bicis...

Moderadores: Synchronicity, TinS84, BikerXC

Post Your Ride Reports!

Notapor Synchronicity » Lun Oct 29, 2007 2:38 pm

I thought this would be a good place for you to post up ride your reports!

Please comment on what you think are the best (+ worst) cycling routes in Tenerife, with special focus on training & cyclo-touring aspect of your rides.

I hear mixed views on the cycling in Tenerife. I do not always have time to discuss this in person as much as I'd like when I come to collect my rental bikes. I won't deny that there are some relatively poor quality roads in the South (often people can't recall where they were accurately). So it's difficult for people to know about them & avoid the bad routes. Unfortunately I still have not had time to ride in the South of Tenerife, so I can't make many comments about the road conditions there...
Última edición por Synchronicity el Mar Mar 04, 2008 11:40 pm, editado 1 vez en total
Synchronicity
Doc Brown - Site Admin
Doc Brown - Site Admin

Notapor Synchronicity » Mar Dic 11, 2007 4:39 pm

Última edición por Synchronicity el Jue Feb 07, 2008 4:04 pm, editado 1 vez en total
Synchronicity
Doc Brown - Site Admin
Doc Brown - Site Admin

Vilaflor - Off Road Ride

Notapor potdog » Dom Feb 03, 2008 8:38 pm

Did my usual loop above Vilaflor today, but this time picked up what I think is officially a walking trail (The PR TF72 if I recall) as it looked interesting and the usual joys of this ride, the splendid views, were not there due to low cloud (It was damned cold in the cloud I can tell you!)

I followed this path up to the view point for the Pasaje Lunar, but not to the very top of the trail which apparently leads to the top of the scree slope at the Pasaje Lunar.

We did actually meet quite a few ramblers on the path, more than the weather suggested, but we were courteous and always stopped to let them by, so no complaints from anyone, infact we got some real interest from people who couldn't believe that we had peddled that far.

The path at its start is about 1.5m wide and reasonably smooth with frequent water bars set at awkward angles to test your ability, as it starts to climb, it becomes a little more rocky, with only 1 or 2 places which I found un-ridable, although another attempt may help with line choice and make it all ridable. The path never seems overly steep which was surprising seeing that we gained a fair bit of height.

There are a couple of small chicanes in the path which you should remember on the way back down, also, don't get too wild as you could encounter walkers on your return leg, although we managed a clear run today.

This route would probably be best on a weekday, when the bulk of the ramblers are at work.

All in all, this put an enjoyable slant on a ride that has become a little dull, and worse on a day like today when the weather hides the views.

Pictures on the ride photos thread.

Potdog.
potdog
Nuevo
Nuevo

Notapor Claudius » Mar Feb 17, 2009 11:16 am

Some days ago I found a very interesting homepage, where you can create rides on a map and the programme gives you an altitude profile. You may also export to kml or gps files. I like it very much!

So I created the rides I did last year and which I love so much:

Route "Tabaiba - Mirador Don Martin"

Route "Chio - Teide - Vilaflor"

Route "Guia de Isora - Chirche"

Route "San Andrés - Anaga"

Route "Tabaiba - Las Canadas"

Route "Tabaiba - La Orotava/Florida"

Claudius

Volver a Foro de ciclismo en Tenerife y Islas Canarias