[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Ver Tema - flying to tenerife: with or without bike?

flying to tenerife: with or without bike?

Doy las bienvenidas a todos miembros!

Tampoco hace falter ser ciclista para participar, pero la mayoría de temas son de bicis...

Moderadores: Synchronicity, TinS84, BikerXC

flying to tenerife: with or without bike?

Notapor mtnmia » Lun Oct 26, 2009 6:22 am

mtnmia

Notapor Synchronicity » Lun Oct 26, 2009 5:01 pm

Firstly,
Thanks for joining & welcome.

Yikes, that's expensive! :shock:

Depending on when you're coming and how tall you are we might be able to offer you a special deal on a long term rental.

When renting a bike, you should take into account the following:

Positives:
° You can have the bike ready almost immediately and not have to worry about assembly/disassembly. More time for riding!
° It's nice to have mechanical backup should something go wrong. Yes I've had enough people ring me up when their own personal bikes fail... (usually the wheels by the way)
° There's no additional wear and tear costs if you hire a bike (tyres, chain cassette, and we even throw in a few courtesy tubes)
° There's ZERO chance of your own personal bike getting damaged during transport. For some people alone, they have such a good bike at home, it's not worth the risk travelling with it anywhere...
° No need to buy a bike box.
° :-D

Negatives:
° There's always the question of 'bike fit', but most people from 150 - 200cm can usually be accommodated
° Rental bikes are never super light wonders... the main reason being that they have to pay for themselves somehow - bikes worth more than about 2G don't seem to be able to do that.
° I think there's also a big 'image factor'. Most of the time it's nicer to ride your own bike. But hey, most of us already know that ability is more important than the bike itself. :-P
Synchronicity
Doc Brown - Site Admin
Doc Brown - Site Admin

Notapor mtnmia » Lun Oct 26, 2009 8:55 pm

Thanks for the info, you have some good points.

You are right about all of the pros and cons and bike travel. I have already dealt with flying my bike over to Spain, and don't really want to do it again for just one month in Tenerife. However, the biking (from your website, by the way, very nicely displayed) looks wonderful and I don't know if I can pass up riding the island! I don't mind renting, as long as it is economically feasible... A 10 day rental still looks a little pricey though... what other long term deals are there? Also, since you are the pro on this, if I am looking for lodging for a month (for two people) whereabouts on Tenerife should I look?

Mia
mtnmia

Notapor Synchronicity » Mar Oct 27, 2009 10:40 pm

Have a look at link for a few hotel reviews around Puerto de la Cruz. Here's to quieter rural accommodation.

The upper La Orotava valley is a nice place to stay. La Abejera, Villa Caya and Casa Rural Pinto are all close to us. :-)

For apartments, I can recommend either CasaBlanca or Masaru. They're not the only good places.

If you prefer to stay in the South, most of the hotels in the San Eugenio area (Las Americas) are nice. La Caleta is the expensive area with the Seraton, Bahia del Duque, etc.

Los Cristianos is also not a bad place to stay, it's still got a 'town' feel about it, whereas Las Americas is too built up in my opinion.
Synchronicity
Doc Brown - Site Admin
Doc Brown - Site Admin

Volver a Foro de ciclismo en Tenerife y Islas Canarias