Posted on September 28th, 2007 Dr. Leslie Dean Brown
I’m sure you can think of a few reasons not to hire a rental bike in Tenerife,Â but here are 16 legimate reasons you should:
- Reduce your carbon footprint!! Assuming you take an extra 15kg of bicycle equipment (bike + case) as checked-on luggage, you’ll save between 100~200kg of CO2 emissions for a typical return journey (LGW – TFS is 5800km).Â To emphasise how much greenhouse gas this represents, 100kg of CO2 gas occupiesÂ 50,930Â litres at standard atmospheric pressure!!Â My calculation is based from various sources, statisticsÂ and news sources.Â
- We have all sizes available, and can offer a custom fit service.Â Â
- Our bikes are very well maintained, and also provide low-range gearing suited toÂ mountainous terrain.Â
- Save â‚¬ byÂ not paying any excess baggage fees for the additional weight of your sporting equipment!
- Save $ by not having to buyÂ a dedicated bike case!
- It’s obvioulsyÂ more convenient toÂ travel around without a loaded bulky bike case plus all that cycling equipment.
- There’s no risk of being refused check-in at the airport through carrying too much luggage.
- There’s also zero risk of airport ground-crew damaging your own bike during transport if you leave it at home.
- Neither do you need to worry about someone stealing your own highly-prized expensiveÂ wonderbike while on holiday!Â Â
- There’s no need to spend ages packing your own bike, hence more time to ride on the first and last day!
- Should anything go wrong with one of our bikes, we obviously provide free servicing, free spare parts and/orÂ a replacement bike!
- We offer a refund for each day that you aren’t able to rideÂ due to mechanical failure.
- There’s no need to clean the bike afterwards. Let us worry about it!
- Your own super-light weight bike may not actually be as reliable as one of ours.
- Make it seem more like a “family holiday” & gain bonus points with your spouse!
- HelpÂ support our green eco-friendly businessÂ and the local economy.