me and my wife are hoping to come out to tenerife, me for some good road training and my wife for the sun.
can you reccommend a quiet resort or villa with pool that is away from the night clubs and package destinations we like to relax in percefull surroundings.
Lyndon and Teana
I’d be only too happy to recommend some places to stay…
It really depends on your budget and how far away you want to be from
restaurants, etc. Are you looking for something like a rural villa, or do
you prefer a resort hotel in a quieter zone but still close to one of the
I’d generally steer clear of Las Americas.
I personally would stay in any one of the following:
* Casablanca, if you want convenient, affordable self-catering apartments
within walking distance to the centre of Puerto de la Cruz.
* Hotel Riu Garoe, in the “La Paz” (means “the peace”) zone of Puerto de
la Cruz for a 5-star resort. Restaurants in the Botanico region are a 5
minute walk away.
* La Quinta Roja in Garachico… a boutique hotel in a jewel of a town.
* Hotel Rural El Patio between Icod & Los Gigantes. Again, just look at
the photos of the location on their website… probably some of the best
rides from around here too!!
* Hotel Alhambra in the old town of La Orotava. Only a few rooms, but
absolutely a marvelous place and possibly the best value for your dollar.
* Luxury Villa? Look no futher than Villa Preciosa in El Rincon. I’ve been
there and it’s really “no expense spared”.
* Abama, for a 5 star resort all on its own isolated turf (but not if you
don’t like golfers… it’s the furthest resort from us, on the other side
of the island)
* Hotel Barcelo Santiago in Los Gigantes, just because a lot of people
overlook the area around Los Gigantes, Playa Arena Puerto Santiago… I
think this one is the classiest places to stay?
As far as getting away from things even further, go to one of the rural
villas/fincas owned by locals… the closest ones I can recommend are
Villa caya and La Abejera just about a mile away from us, although the
pools won’t be as nice as the aforementioned places as they are generally
at 500m altitude and a lot smaller/cosier.
Please let me know if you need help finding the websites or we can narrow
it down further in the next email…