We’ve been to enough hotels in the past 5 years to know which ones stand out above the rest. Hereâ€™s the link to the top ten villas & apartments in Tenerife.
Rather than list all the hotels that we don’t recommend, here’s my personal list of favourite places to stay on the island:
- Gran Hotel Bahia del Duque Resort. For me it’s like entering fairytale land where everything is perfect. Time and time again, they’ve proven to me that they know how to run a hotel with unrivaled professionalism.
- Abama Golf and Spa Resort. It’s an isolated hotel on located right by the coast, surrounded by banana plantations. Every time I arrive at Abama they offer a good welcome. The decor is classy without going over the top. If I wanted a 5 star holiday in the South of Tenerife, this is probably where I’d pay to stay.
- Barcelo Santiago. This is a spot which probably takes the record for repeat clients; guests keep coming back here year after year. It’s a small, cosy resort located in Los Gigantes. It’s quite affordable & has a great buffet breakfast. Not to be confused with Barcelo Varadero in Puerto Santiago. We have stayed there. Don’t miss out on the breakfast!/li>
- Hotel Alhambra. This is a much smaller hotel located close to the old town of La Orotava. Every room is different and the hotel itself is quite unique.
- Roca Nivaria. A cut above the majority of resorts in Las Americas. This one is located in Playa Paraíso.
- La Quinta Roja, a cosy, understated hotel in the charming old seaside port town called Garachico.
- Hotel Gran Melia Palacio de Isora. This is renowned as the top hotel in Tenerife, but personally I’d rather stay at Abama or El Duque.
- Hotel Riu Garoe. A newly constructed resort in Puerto de la Cruz. This hotel has effectively managed to push Hotel Botannico off this top ten list, because the facilities are newer and they are less pretentious.
- Europe Villa Cortés. Possibly the best hotel to choose if you’re looking to stay in the heart of Las Americas.
- Hotel El Nogal. A beautiful rustic hotel in a quiet spot in La Escalona, not far from Vilafor.
- Hotel Rural El Patio. This is where we jokingly say we’d like to retire to… like an estate house. I am not sure how you get to stay in the main building though.