We mostly dine in the North of Tenerife, so this list is somewhat biased. I’m sure there are loads of recommendations for restaurants in the South of Tenerife. If you have any helpful suggestions or referrals, please post them in the comments below!
- “La Bodegita de en Frente”, Cuesta de la Villa. This has a cosy atmosphere and everyone is greeted with a welcoming handshake.
- “Pizzeria Bacco”, Garachico. This is a small quality Italian restaurant only open on weekends. “Rugantino Pizzeria” also in Garachico and “La Rucula” located in Puerto de la Cruz are also owned by the same family. They all cook to a fantastic standard.
- “Indian Palace”, Puerto de la Cruz. Wonderful Indian food. Actually more like amazing.
- “El Valle”, La Orotava. This cosy little place serves mostly brushchetta-style Spanish tapas. El valle is actually a taverna specialising in traditional spanish tapas, local cheeses & wine with some other alcoholic beverages available. You can also ask them to cook you a small meal also. It’s my favourite bar.
- “The noodle and sushi bar”, Centro Comercial Gran Sur, Torviscas Alto. (I’m yet to try the famed Japanese restaurant in Abama, so until then, this remains my favourite Japanese spot)
- “Tito’s Bodeguita”, Puerto de la Cruz.
- “Ali Baba Kebab”, La Laguna
- There are many, many”Guachinches” here in Tenerife. They serve cheap, local Canarian food in a simple setting. We don’t tend to go to them as much as other poeple as we can cook some of this type of food at home… a good example of one is called “Tasca El Parralito” in La Corujera (Santa Ursula).
- La Azzurra, La Orotava
- Timanfaya Kebabs, Puerto de la Cruz
Also worth mentioning:
El Monasterio has traditionally been one of the most visited restaurants by tourists. It’s worth a visit but while I’ve found the surroundings to be very inviting, I’ve never found the food itself to be spot on.
Here’s a map I put together highlighting the different zones for bars & restaurants in Puerto de la Cruz.